Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The "Criddy" went down to Georgia

Great things that happened this weekend...

1. ok...so it actually happened Thursday before I left for Georgia...but Daddy got into a freaking fist fight with another old man in the nursing home. Now that we are getting more of the story it seems as though the old man (Billy) called Daddy a SOB. Now, you can call daddy a lot of things, but SOB and MF are not two of them. Just ask his ex-wife that he back handed into the bath tub one time. Anyway, they took daddy to the hospital. It's pretty frustrating. He really didn't do anything wrong. The nurse was SO pissed when we asked if he won the fight!

2. Friday...I got stuck on the 400 for two freaking hours on the way to my sister's house. But it sure gave me time to think and soak in everything that's in front of me.

3. Family Time...I stayed at my sister's house in Dawsonville. My brother and nephew Hunter drove up from Mobile. It was some great family bonding time let me tell you.

4. Alabama beat Tennessee. It was so freaking awesome! Ok...so the game itself was boring as crap. But who cares....ROOOOOLLLLL TIIIIIIIDDDDDEEE!!

5. Sunday morning...I was a heathen and didn't go to church anywhere. It felt good to sleep in and rest and get prepared for that night. And I did it all with permission from my new pastor! Heck yeah!

6. Sunday Night...THE CHURCH AT MILL CREEK ... FREAKING ROCKS! Oh my gosh! Sunday night was so amazing. It was hard work getting everything set up and together but man....when something clicks, and when something works....it's just so awesome. I haven't had that much fun doing ministry in such a long time. It was so great. The whole bunch just seem to flow together.

Next time we will be a little better off since we know a little bit more about what we are doing. But for the first time, we were pretty freaking excited.

7. If you are still reading this...you a true friend. Coming Home...When I came home I had a card from Susan and one from Jennifer. I cried so hard when I read the one from Jennifer.

To all my friends...Thank you so much for believing in me. I wouldn't and couldn't be making this move without all of you!

So that's the weekend. Pretty freaking amazing!

And there's great thing to look forward to ...

This weekend ... Heather Weathers in the New Hope

Next weekend.... Hockey Day... I will time it right and meet Jennifer at the car to meet Lily before other people get to meet her!

The weekend after....the big move to ATL!

The weekend after... Alabama and Auburn!

YAY!!

3 comments:

Our Little Baby! said...

Thanks for the birthday card.

Heather said...

I love you, Christy Davis! I can't wait to see you this weekend...I'll probably call tonight to talk.

Susan said...

Christy... the post title made me laugh. I am glad that your weekend went so well. Email me sometime... I want to hear all about it.