Monday, May 23, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good...

I haven't really had time to process the reunion weekend with SB, Rita and Kim. Really the only reason why I am writing about it this quickly is because I am out to beat them at everything and had to pull the trigger and be the first to blog about it.

The girls got to my house around 6 on Friday. This was remarkable since they piddle-farted around as much as they could and left during rush hour traffic. When Rita got out of the car I knew she didn't want some sappy, long, tight hug so I gave a quick one and said something mean about them being late and to hurry up and get their crap in my car because I didn't trust her or SB's driving. It seemed to set the mood pretty well for the weekend.

And let's talk about what all they brought...I had one little duffel bag and a few books and a purse. Sara Beth did not fail to disappoint with her 3 pillows, comforter, 2 bags packed with fat dresses and other clothes for a two night stay in which with the exception of Saturday dinner she stayed in the same exact outfit with the same exact hairstyle, and a few other random collections. Rita had some TOTO basket, a few bags, a pillow and some other crap. Kim had a pillow, a few bags and some other crap to not be undone by the other two. This didn't count the fact that we still had to go to Wal-Mart and buy groceries. So I finally packed all their crap in the car and finally figured out a way to get the trunk to close. And let's just throw in the side note that I feel so uncool because I do not have a kindle and or knook and or IPAD to be addicted to like crack like these three ladies.

We were off to Wal Mart where I proceeded to tell Rita that I was disappointed that she wasn't 300 pounds and as large as a house. Rita has been talking about her weight like she has gained 500 pounds since Judson. I on the other hand have gained 300 pounds since we left Judson and it was disappointing that she was clearly not in my club. To me she looked just like she did when she left Judson...Tiny and Beautiful :)

It was clear from the car ride that we were going to need to pee a lot in order to not pee on ourselves from laughter. We cracked ourselves up in the first 30 minutes and some how made it through Wal-Mart. As we were trying to pack the groceries in the car we got some unexpected help from a nice black lady who told us where to put things.

We made the trip to the house and had a great weekend. We ate an ungodly amount of CRAP. Like we should all be in cardiac arrest. I have craved meat, vegetables and water all day today. That should tell you something.

We recapped the last 8 years of our lives, leaving out parts until someone called us out. I apparently missed Kim's and had to fill in the pieces as we go and I already knew Sara Beth's.

We talked about you. That's an ambiguous you because we pretty much talked about everyone. Just like you talk about us and we are OK with that.

We talked some about Judson but not as much as one would think. We did however relive a few good old memories that had us all cracking up at how fun our college years really were...or maybe not. :)

We stayed up late, some later than others, slept late, some later than others, and did nothing on Saturday except go to dinner where we completely showed our gluttonous side once again and had one of the most phenomenal waiters ever.

I am sure there is more of a retrospective/what I learned from the girls/ what I missed about the girls/ that may or may not ever be created and posted. It truly was a great weekend though. It was one that I will look back on in 30 years and smile thinking about that comment that was made or that memory that was shared.

Thank you girls for helping me find myself a little more and for helping me remember you.

Love you all!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for inviting us up to River's Edge. It was a very relaxing and much needed weekend.

"She said Key Lime Pie AND Cheesecake, not Key Lim Pie OR Cheeescake."

Rita Bird said...

Okay, Kim that was an honest case of mishearing.

Seriously, Christy, I had a great time. Thank you soo much for including me. I don't think anything could have made it a more relaxing, hilarious, wonderful time.

We better not wait another 8 years.... just sayin

Mandy Mc said...

YAY for fun times with Judson friends. I'm so glad you all had a good time. And, yes, of course, we talked about YOU too ;-)

S-B said...

Did you delete my comment from this blog or did I not comment at all? Maybe I commented in my mind and never wrote it down. Either way.....we need an update from Central America.

By the way....the verification word I have to type in order to post this comment is "chlymota". It made me chuckle.