Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I say Good-bye you say Hello

Wow. Only 8 more days of school remaining. That means there are only 17 more days until I leave for Nicaragua and 24 more before I leave for the beach. I am saying Good-bye in a few days to my students, my cheer girls, my track kids and my co-workers. A few years ago this would have thrown me for a complete loop and my world would have been shaken. Over those years, I have learned an important lesson. While some good-byes are sad, most of them mean an opportunity for change. An opportunity to start over in some aspects. An opportunity to meet new people along the path that you are destined to meet. People that you will impact but most importantly will impact you. I have made a few close friends at my current school that I will treasure forever. Friends that I will see, stay in contact with, love for the rest of my life. No I won't see them on a daily basis but I won't have to see them on a daily basis to stay close to them.

Do I know what I am doing? Nope. I kinda like that. I like the freedom that in 8 days (10 if you count post-planning) that I will be free for a while. Free to dream. Free to search. Free to see what is out there. Free to ask God to move me right where I am suppose to be. There's something so amazing about being at this place and I feel blessed to be there.

So I might be saying a sad good-bye to another piece of my journey but in some ways I feel like my journey is just starting...again.

No comments: