Monday, October 10, 2011

Immeasurably More

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


I have always loved Ephesians 14-19, especially the part about being rooted and established in love. Oh how I long to be able to truly grasp just how wide and long, how high and deep the love of Christ is for me. As I kept reading this time, I found the diamond in the rough so to speak. The verse that I believe will carry us through this adoption process. The promise that Christ is ABLE to do IMMEASURABLY more than all that I can ever ask or imagine. So many times I only want what I think is best for my life and for my marriage and family. But what I want is so fickle and small compared to what Christ wants for my life and my family.

As we go through this adoption process Brandon and I are already starting to dream of what this process is going to look like and how it is going to unfold. Truth of the matter is...it probably won't look a thing like what we are expecting. It probably won't turn out just like we have planned it...but that's ok. Because I know in my heart that Christ is able to do IMMEASURABLY more than I can ever ask or imagine. I have to give myself over to the fact that in the end the timing will be perfect for our lives, the child will be the one that we are meant to love and raise, it will be immeasurably more than I can ever hope for or ask.

So as we start this journey, I ask that as you think about our family that you will stop and say this prayer for us.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

No comments: