Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The First Wave

My hope is that this blog can become a resource for other people hoping to adopt. I am going to try my best to keep it updated with the paper work as we submit it so that you know what our process looked like.

10-21-11 - Submitted Initial homestudy application
HIPA forms agreeing to criminal background checks


This first application was pretty easy and just asked generic questions. It was about 11 pages altogether.

The next wave is the HUGE wave. There we will submit all forms such as driver's licence, health insurance, car insurance, marriage certificates, pages regarding sleep positions to reduce the risk of SIDS, our 911 log, our septic tank check, our finicial statement, salary verification sheets from our employers, personal profiles (10 pages each, over 100 something detailed questions), medical forms, FBI background checks, Rabies vaccinations for both pets, 4 personal reference letters, and even an agreement to copy all documents twice. Whew!

The good news is we are almost finished with it should be ready to send it in within the next few days. From there we will begin the four interview stage followed by our written report.

Things are actually moving along great and we could not be more excited.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Mandy Mc said...

Man, you guys are flying through it! Go, Peevys, go!

hannah/sk's mommy said...

I am so excited for you guys! I am loving reading all of your updates. I'm praying for you, and I'm here if there is ever anything I can do for you. I can't wait to watch the rest of this story unfold. Thanks for letting us be "along for the ride" with you! :)

Lindsay Z said...

Hi, I'm Lindsay and I just pressed 'next blog' and landed on yours! I've read a bit and like you already. (Is that creepy?) But I wanted to say that I have many friends who have adopted and my husband and I hope to in the future. What an awesome adventure. Best of luck and you are some lucky child's hero!!