Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Update and a thought...

So here's the update on my goals for this year...

1. I've registered for the MAT on May 1st at 4:30 p.m. I've been studying and i'm going to start taking practice test online this week.

2. All of my after school job opps have fallen through...so saving money is at the least of the priority list right now...but I'm searching for additional jobs now.

3. I've lost a few more pounds but JDAY weekend put me behind on that...still worth it though!

4. See #2 for answer to saving for an emergency fund!

5. I'm up to running my subdivison which is around a mile, and then I'm doing some at the park. Not going as great as I would like it too...but it's getting there slowly.

6. One of the conditions for grad school was that you have a 2.5 GPA from college. I had a 2.518! Once again I have gotten by with the skin of my teeth. All of my application process is done except reference letters being sent in and transcripts and then my score on the MAT. I'm nervous, but think I'll be ok.

7. Can't get a 4.0 without being accepted.

8. Still no TAT...come on friends!

9. Keeping a pretty positive attitude on all of it. It's all still very doable and I'm excited about being able to check off each thing on my list.

Other than that...I'm just waiting. I find myself in a place of expectancy and waiting as to what God has next for me. There are a few things in my life right now that I wish would just fall into place. A few pieces to the puzzle that I wish would start being put together. But I'm learning that my strength arises as I wait upon the Lord, and that His ways and thoughts are much higher than mine. I'm learning to expect and hope for great things, and not be shocked when they happen. To trust in a Good and Faithful Lord.

3 comments:

Susan said...

You should consider putting "When the Heart Waits" by Sue Monk Kidd on your reading list.

And woohoo for the 2.518!

Mandy Mc said...

You can run a mile? I'm so proud. And jealous. I'm still working up to running period. Right now, Chad and I are just walking it out...

Mandy Mc said...

How did the MAT go?