Monday, April 02, 2007

New Year's resolutions...

Ok..so it's April 2nd. But in a way, since the end of the last 21 days, I feel the need to make some new "goals" for my life. A check list if you will of things that I want to accomplish this year. Putting them out in the open, keeps me a little more accountable I guess.

1. Score a 55 on the MAT
2. Save enough money to buy a LAPtop
3. Lose 30 more LBS
4. Save up at least 500.00 for an "emergency" fund...Dave gives us poor people a break by saying we only have to have 500.00
5. Run a 10k....(until you read my blog, you'll never know that I'm signing up to do this...we'll see how often you actually check this thing friend)...(also note that I have till the end of the year to complete this...don't be signing us up for one next week!!) (and quit talking to God about crazy things you think I need to do...)
6. Be accepted into Grad school (conditionally or unconditionally, I don't care..just get me in.)
7. Complete my first semester of grad school with a 4.0
8. GET A FREAKING TATTOO...MY FRIENDS NEED TO GET ON THE BALL AND HELP ME WITH THIS ONE...HINT HINT...ROOMIE AND ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER!
9. Keep a POSITIVE attitude that ALL of this is OBTAINABLE AND POSSIBLE.

So there it is...let the ride begin!

8 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, that's pretty ambitious of you. All good things to do though. Let me know about the 10k thing. I think I want to do it and then I realize that I can't run for more than 5 minutes before I feel like I am about to drop dead. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes. It seems like are off to a GREAT start!

Mandy Mc said...

I'm super-duper inspired by your list. I shall have to create my own list as soon as school is out. Keep me updated! (PS I kind of want a tattoo too...when might this event be crossed off your list?)

Susan said...

Your list is fabulous. Just one question... how long have you wanted this tattoo? I had the tattoo fever BAD for a couple of years, but I think I might be over it now.

Criddy said...

I've always wanted the tattoo...but the wrath and fear of Kay has always held me back. Now I just kinda think it's a now or never kind of thing. I'm waiting on my friend Keith to decide if he's really going to get one or not, and if he punks out then Aundrea and I are going to go on the day that we moved into the house last year. If we can remember when that is.

I'm going to buy running shoes today. Kay is paying for them and said I could get whatever shoes I wanted!! She's going crazy in her old age.

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I love you and your list. I will add that like Susan...i had the fever also, but i think i'm pretty much over it...i ended up just putting more holes in my ears :)

Marie said...

Nose rings are nice non-commital holes in the body.

S-B said...

Since when do we have to register for J-Day??

Anonymous said...

Sara Beth....need I remind you of our conversation the other night...

Usually I'm the one that has to register you, and you are the one that without fail, calls me on Friday as I'm driving to the Judson and says...I'm not going. Then we have to get in the argument that ALWAYS ends up in me saying more cuss words than Kay knows, and you end up ponying it on down for the weekend festivites, have a great time, and then complaining because you have to leave on Satuday...ring a bell fancy??