Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Redeem My Time

I was told Sunday to redeem my time today on my wonderful day off, after an eventful and tiring weekend...I think getting up at 1:45p.m. would be considered as redeeming and wasting...but I've loved every minute of it.

I'm in a great debate with myself over whether or not I should trade Little Red in. She's been a great car these 6 years that we've been together, but bless her heart, her time is coming close. My transmission slipped the other day though, and there are a few little things that are starting to go bad. I really don't WANT a car payment, but I don't WANT to be on the side of the road stuck either. My horoscope into Woman's World said to plan and not act (not that I really listen to those things!!). So I think I might take that advice for another week and at least not make a decision until I go home for Thanksgiving.

I do know this...that I will cry like a baby when I trade her in. I got her in January of my freshman year at Judson. That's been almost 6 years ago. Think of all that we've been through in those 6 years.

Anyway...can't think of that now. I have to think of how i'm going to redeem the next few hours and actually go find a way to make this day somewhat productive. If I even just get all of my laundry caught up it would be a good day.

The End

5 comments:

Mandy Mc said...

I love you and little red! I'll be thinking about you as you make this decision; I know it's a tough one.

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Just my two cents...having a car payment is not fun, but then neither is having an unreliable car. I will say that if I had it to do over again, i would have still bought the car, but i would have gone ahead and bought a hybrid...much better for our environment and my pocketbook in the long run!

Mandy Mc said...

Ashley - Christy wants to get an SUV. Can you believe it? Now I think I will just sit back and watch :-)

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

SUV??
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Hybrid

or there are some hybrid SUV's out there :)

Anonymous said...

You can call me for consolation when the sad day gets here. I know how you feel... I'm afraid I'll be having a car funeral any day now. And I'm over thinking I'm shallow for being this attached to a car... because I don't think it's about the car... I think it's about the places and people and events that I associate with the car. Seriously... we've lived a substantial portion of the past six years of our lives in our cars. Makes you wonder why we've been paying rent, doesn't it?