Saturday, November 18, 2006

Not an update I wanted to give...

But I figured since this was an easy way to reach most of my friends....here goes.

As of this morning, they have him resting very comfortably (thanks to morphine) and have his vitals under control. He does have double pneumonia (never really got over it) and now has developed a staff infection in his blood stream. The doctors want to get him as situated as they can before they release him back to the nursing home, where Hospice will take over care. We have chose to place a feeding tube into him, but will not be taking any measures to place him on the ventilator. This was not an easy decision for my mother and myself, and we have wrestled with whether it's the right one, but for now it's the decision we have arrived at.

So there you go...One hour at a time, one day a time. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your prayers! Love you all!

No comments: