Friday, April 29, 2011

Things to do this summer...

Assuming that for some reason I stay in education I plan to make the best use of this summer. So here is an ever growing list of things I plan to do this summer. We'll see how it goes.

1. Read. Lots. I never read anymore unless it has to do with school. So you should start sending me your favorites and I'll review the book here on the blog with a shout out to you for recommending it. Even if it is bad. *** Sara Beth...No I will not read Angels and freaking Demons ***

2. Plant and keep my little garden. I am hoping that this garden both saves me money and causes me to want to eat a little healthier since I will have fresh veggies when I want them.

3. Visit Savannah, Georgia with the honey for our belated anniversary (mom needed power so she came to Georgia and booted us out of our already paid hotel in Chattanooga but we love her anyway and glad she is alive) trip.

4. Lay by the pool, in the pool, on the pool, around the pool, near the pool and every other preposition I can find to say I WILL BE AT A POOL...A LOT. I say this every year but I am damned and determine to make it happen this year!

5. Help out at our church a little more this summer. It will be a good time to help get some stuff organized as we move into a time of growth. Hoping that this will lead to some pretty neat things in the near(er) future.

6. Not buy a single cleaning product without a coupon. Since a lot of the food that we buy doesn't come with coupons, I have decided to get back into the coupon world through cleaning supplies. My goal is to not buy a single cleaning supply without some type of coupon or deal. I am pretty particular about my make up and hair stuff so I am just going to stick with cleaning stuff and see what happens over the summer money wise.

7. Set up our guest bed room. I hesitate to write this because there is nothing that I hate worse in the world than painting. But...this needs to be done and I am just going to have to suck it up and do it.

8. Have the Judson girls up to the river for a late summer reunion. Stay tuned for more information.

9. Go on random trips to the beach. We have a trip planned for the beginning of summer but I really want to take a few spur of the moment, cheap trips to A beach this summer with random girl friends. We'll see if it happens.

10. Get back into Crossfit full time. I am easing back into this and I have to say I am pretty surprised how easy it was to fire this back up.

So there you have it. My top ten things to do this summer. I. AM. PUMPED.

No comments: