Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A dream is a wish your heart makes...

I really feel like I am not living out my dreams or using my talents where they need to be used. I knew in high school that I was suppose to be in ministry. I knew it in college and that's why I went to FBC New Hope to be the children's minister. I felt it strong enough to move to Georgia, leaving everything that I had and knew to start a new journey in ministry. Because the TCAMC never went anywhere I was scared and fell into teaching. It was more of a safety net than anything. I enjoy teaching and at times love certain aspects of it but I am not PASSIONATE about it. I am passionate about seeing people plug into places within a church and find their place of service. I am passionate about coordinating events and can do them with my eyes closed. I am passionate about seeing youth deepen their relationship with Christ and about putting a community of believers together in groups. That's what I am passionate about. I don't want to be a children's or youth pastor necessarily. Just someone behind the scenes making it all happen.

The problem is rarely does this type of job 1. exist 2. provide a reliable or comparable income to teaching 3. offer security down the road. So now I am caught in limbo wondering if I am suppose to continue and pursue another teaching job, hope it's a good situation and learn to love it OR put myself out there and follow my dreams. I don't want to live with regret but I don't want to put Brandon and I in any danger now or later but I miss that girl of 2006 who took a risk and followed God's calling.

I guess this is my moment to throw out my fleece and see what encouragement, confirmation, warnings you guys might give me. Let's hear it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Was literally just looking at this before I hopped over here.

http://www.amazon.com/Quitter-Jon-Acuff/dp/0982986270/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303836807&sr=8-1