Monday, October 26, 2009

Presence Voice Touch

I can remember going to church as a young child with my aunt Lorene. It was a small, white, country church in New Hope. The people in that church loved the Lord and meant well. I can still remember the church offering envelope that I would be given in Sunday School. You would check off if you had prayed everyday, read your bible everyday, how much money you gave, and how many people you had contacted in the week about church. For so long I have struggled through most of my Christian life feeling as though I will never hit the mark. Never be able to check off all of those things on that envelope. I'll never do good enough, never pray enough, never say the right things, etc. I know that this thinking is wrong but it's so hard to break out of this mentality.

Recently after reading THIS BLOG (Annie is a greater writer) I stumbled upon Brad Huebert! Brad is a pastor in Canada that makes sense and puts all of this into perspective. His book Finding Home is a free E - Book that you can download that is in incredible. It's a short read but it is so good. He writes it in the style of a parable about a man (himself) finally finding the true Kingdom of God. It is one of the best things I have read in a long time and just finally makes sense.

He also has a website that is pretty neat. Happy reading!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing! I TOTALLY remember those envelopes w/the checkmark boxes!