Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's a Full Moon

So I never really believed the connection between the full moon and weird behavior until I started working around teenagers. But this week, I've seen it in the kids and maybe even a little in myself.

So I'm finally updating, I know I'm a sorry person. There's just so much in my heart and head right now that I really don't know where to begin or even if I should.

Darlene's surgery went great, and she is doing so well. I'm so excited for her that she made it through as wonderful as she did. She will start Chemo in a few weeks. Just keep her in your prayers through this time.

I now officially work for the Gwinnett County School System as a Para-Pro at Mill Creek High School (which is actually the high school our church plant meets at). I work in the Special Ed Department there. It all started after I subbed there for three weeks in the Severe Autistic class. I'm not actually in that class anymore (which makes me sad) but I'm still near it and in the area with the same people. It's been neat meeting new people and having a whole new group of friends.

Otherwise I'm just in a really weird place right now. I feel myself checking out of some things. It's amazing how caught up you get in the work that God wants to do and begins to do, and when the process gets painful and the change starts happening, you quickly revert back to your old self and take yourself out of the process. I'm not all the way out yet, but if I don't get coaxed back in soon, I may miss this chance.

I'll write more when I get all my thoughts together. There just not there now.

4 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Even with your unfinished thoughts, i can so relate! I'll try to catch you later tonight! i was in an Oh-So-Fun meeting when you called earlier!
Love you friend!

kelli beth said...

hey girl...i'm excited about your new job! that's SO awesome. i'm taking a course on teaching special ed right now and it is very interesting. keep me updated on how it goes...and life! i'm praying for you! xoxo

kelli beth said...

ps- isn't it crazy how the full moon changes behavior?! i never noticed it until courtney mentioned it one day...woah! kids get CRAZY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love MLS and I do hope she will make our dreams a reality and come visit me!