Thursday, August 03, 2006

You're coming on this journey with me...

Why? Cause I have nothing better to post about, and sometimes I just like to post...so buckle up...it might get a little bumpy the next few weeks!

We started the book tonight. Jason talked about how many times we check our behavior instead of our hearts...and that's so true. Someone will ask me...how are you doing...well I quit smoking, quit drinking, haven't said to many bad words this week, have killed anyone...I must be doing pretty well. When the truth is, I have bigger walls up around my heart than the great wall of China, and I'm slow to want those to go down. I like my walls, they protect me. Instead I should be looking to God to protect my heart.

He also talked about how experiences from the past are the ones that put up those walls...big and small...good and bad...and that's the layers that we have to allow God to peel back. They didn't get there overnight and they're probably not going to go away that quickly either.

So it was a pretty good start. A few of the others mentioned that they are a little scared of this process as well, so I feel a little more comforted by the whole thing. Maybe this can be my counseling and i'll save a few hundred bucks that I don't have anyway!!

I'm just thankful that the Lord is so faithful in my life. Faithful to bring things to the surface that I need to walk through, faithful to have brought me friends that no matter where we go or what we do...we love each other unconditionally, faithful to bring friends in my life for such a time as this...friends who "get me" at that moment, faithful to see me though the changes of life and what they may hold. He's faithful and good.

Going to see Talladega nights tomorrow...wahoo...don't usually get excited about movies, but i'm dang excited about this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I have bigger walls up around my heart than the great wall of China..." I like that. I think we all have some walls that need a chisel to remove them!