Monday, July 17, 2006

Update

Here's a really quick update on a lot of stuff.

1. Talked to my brother on Thursday night. He's 30, lives in Georgia and has had a heck of a life. Meaning, when he was 16 he went rebellious and has lived a pretty hard life since. But, he's straightened up since then and seems to be on a better track. He asked a lot of questions, I gave some real honest answers. Lots of emotions being brought up that I don't really want to deal with, but the fact that I get to meet my brother out of all of this makes it worth it.

2. Dad almost died yesterday. I left the New Hope around 6:30 yesterday morning headed back to ATL and by the time I got here, I got a phone call saying that daddy was in the hospital. At the nursing home that morning he got choked on his breakfast and was without air for some time. When they finally got it dislodged he inhaled some of it into his lungs and now pneumonia has set in. He's still in the hospital but seems to be doing ok...a little shaken up by the whole thing. But he's ok. He should be going back to the nursing home sometime today or tomorrow.

So that's it...my life...one big Oprah moment after another!

No comments: