Monday, July 10, 2006

It's a boy??

So before some of you going freaking out about that subject line...i'll get right into an explanation.

Most of you may know that I am adopted. I've known this fact all of my life and have truly been blessed by the outcome.

Many of you also know that because I'm adopted by family, and in recent years I have been able to meet my biological brother and sister (from my birth father's side) and their families.

Well tonight I have received the news that another biological brother (this time from my birth mother's side) has opened up his adoption files. Because he was not adopted by family, his records have remained sealed until now, and it has been at his request that they be opened.

A case worker has contacted my adopted mother and hopefully by the end of the week, I will know if there is a chance that I will be meeting my biological brother.

So...needless to say...I'm excited, thrilled and scared to death at the same time. If nothing else my prayer has always been to know that he's ok and to know that he was raised in a good family. I now know that both are true.

So...I ask for your prayers this week. Please pray that I will have wisdom in decisions that I have to make. Whether the outcome is the way I want it or not, God has already answered prayers through all of this. He is so good and so faithful...in the big and small things of our lives.

I love you all and hope and pray that your week is amazing as well!

Love, Christy

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You're the best! Love ya!