Friday, February 15, 2013

Roasted Chickpeas

Made these last night and they were great. Read a blog that says to bake them for 30 minutes...take them out to let them dry and rest a little more....then bake them again for 20 more minutes at 400 degrees.

 
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • *   Cayenne or roasted red pepper. You don't need much at all.
    I poured it into a zip lock bag and then put the beans in after I washed and dried them. I put a piece of parchment paper down but might just spray the pan or do foil next time.

    The trick is to get them crunchy not dried out. I think next time I will know what my limit is before they burn and cook them right until they are done.

    Middle rack on an oven works the best but bottom if you have to.

    Such a great snack and cheap. I think next time I am going cook the beans myself instead of using canned beans.