Thursday, July 05, 2012

Kennedy Anne Peevy

Kennedy Anne Peevy came into this world on June 28th at 4:50 p.m. I was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday night and given some medication to make the induction process a little easier and to help me sleep. Well sleep I did. So much that they had to come and shove oxygen up my nose and remind me to breathe.

The next morning at 7 a.m. the doctor came in and broke my water. A few hours later I chose to get an epidural. At first it seemed liked everything was going fine. There were a few places that the epidural worked. However, as the contractions became stronger and she began moving into position for birth it became clear that the epidural was working everywhere except the most important place.

After a few consultations with different anesthesiologists and it was determined that there was nothing that could be done to make it work correctly. I was scared to death to have to give birth naturally but there was really nothing else to do than to get through it.

With an amazing husband by my side and an incredible nurse who helped me get through it, Kennedy came into this world completely healthy and perfect.

We are so in love with our amazing gift. She is precious. She is such a good baby. She only gets up once a night and is doing so well. She has long legs and arms. We love to watch her yawn and stretch. It's our favorite thing that she does.

She has her daddy's eyes and her mama's chin. Brandon was blonde at birth and she takes that after him. She has my cheeks and lips.

We sit here and stare wondering how in the world we could be so blessed to be her parents. We are so excited she is with us and can't wait to watch her learn and grow.

Welcome to the world Kennedy. We love you!

No comments: