Monday, June 25, 2012

Ready or Not...

Ready or not (and honestly I think I am leaning towards the not) Kennedy is coming this week. We are headed inWednesday night to start the induction. I am praying that she is here by Thursday afternoon but only time will tell.

I have such mixed emotions. I am so glad the end is in sight. I have tried to not take a single minute of this pregnancy for granted. However, I am tired of being pregnant. I am tired, sore, and have officially ran out of room for this little girl. I am ready for the heart burn, carpel tunnel and swelling to go away. I am grateful and thankful to have been given the chance to carry this sweet baby for the last 38 weeks but I am ready for it to be over.

On the other hand, I am sad that the end is in sight. It took us a while to finally get pregnant and be able to keep the pregnancy. I don't know what the future holds. I don't know if I will ever be pregnant again and get the chance to feel these little kicks (or Tyson like punches.) As hard as this pregnancy has been it has been everything I could have ever imagined. It has been such a sweet feeling to carry her and be bonded with her like no one else has had the chance. As this pregnancy comes to a close, it saddens me to think it could be the last time that I get to experience this. I am so ready to see her face and get to watch her grow but there is a part of me that will miss carrying her so close.

There are so many feelings that come along with her finally coming into the world but I am just so ready to meet her. I can't wait to see her sweet face, to see all this hair that has given me such heart burn, to see who she looks like. I can't wait to be her mother and watch her become a daddy's girl.

"For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him." 1 Samuel 1:27.

So...ready or not. Kennedy is coming.

No comments: