Friday, July 22, 2011

Forever God is Faithful

When you have what you want or desire does God all of a sudden become faithful?

That question, phrased a little differently, was asked to me by my pastor after our second miscarriage. In other words, when you finally do have a child, is God all of a sudden going to become a good and faithful God to you?

My answer to him was something along the lines of.... Well Shit... why did you have to go and ask me that question. (Yes I cussed to my pastor. Yes he was ok with it. No I am not going to Hell and if I am you are going to be beside me for judging. Moving on!)

The more I have thought about that question the more that I am reminded that God is faithful in day to day things just as He is faithful in the big things. There are of course a few big things in life that Brandon and I are holding out hope for but there are so many things along the way that we have been blessed with that we can't complain about what it seems like we are missing.

I don't ever want to become the person (that I see on facebook...a lot) complaining about everything that is wrong (or like members of our family for that matter.) Sure sometimes you need to bitch and gripe but save that for your best friend (sorry SB for all the ranting) or for a date night with your girlfriends or better yet just put the big girl panties on and build a bridge.

God is faithful. I am healthy, I am taken care of emotionally and physically, I have a husband to share my life with, I have a job, I am not struggling with bills or whether I can put food on the table (hell I'm having to go to weight watchers because there has been to much food on the table.)

Bottom line: He is faithful and I am blessed.

No comments: