Thursday, December 17, 2009

Together....

Over the past few weeks Brandon and I have endured our toughest challenge as husband and wife. We have held each other, fought with each other, laughed at each other and cried together. We have looked at one another wondering if the pain would be less the next day but preparing for the worst. We have grieved the loss of a child that only heaven has seen but one day we will hold. The good thing is...we've done it all together.

I fell in love with Brandon for so many reasons, the first being his smile. It captures you. It engulfs you. You can't help but smile back. It is contagious to say the least.

His smile still melts me but now I love him for something so much bigger. I love the way he loves me. He takes care of me. He protects me. He knows that all I want on this earth is to feel secure and he is seeking to make that his number one priority.

The past few weeks have been hard. I'm sure that there will be things that we will go through that will be harder but knowing that he is by my side makes it so much better.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Christy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through. However, I am so, SO thankful that God has blessed you with such an amazing husband and that He is using this time to bring you two even closer together. Praying for you!

bpeterson said...

Christy, I am so sorry! Praying for you!

Christy Ross said...

praying.

Unknown said...

you two are wonderful and you are right...his smile is contagious. That which does not kill us can only make us stronger. Love you!

Mandy Mc said...

Oh my goodness, Christy. I'm so sad to hear this. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.

April Clark said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Christy. I had no idea. You all are in our prayers. Just remember that God's ways are perfect, even when we can not and do not want to see that perfection. Much love and Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

Just now reading this and praying for you. I know the pain you are experiencing all too well. Feel free to get in touch with me if you need to talk.

Stephanie said...

Wow.. can we say bad friend? As in I am SUCH a bad friend? You've been on my mind, but I can't figure out how to get in touch with you. (don't have your number.. long story) Call me/text me/ email me.. PLEASE! I miss you and I love you!!