Sunday, September 13, 2009

You know what assuming does??

Just a little rant...

Why does everyone assume that when you get married you are no longer available to be friends? Change is so hard for me sometimes and I just never know how to deal with it. I hate the feeling that I am not really friends with people that I use to be so close to. They are all still friends but somehow I'm the one that drifted away. If I never texted, called or facebooked them I would never hear from them. Maybe it was my fault for assuming they would call me and should have been more proactive about protecting and nurturing those relationships. I just hate feeling the change in the air and hate feeling like I can't even have a conversation with "friends" because we don't know each other anymore. Oh well. I'll value the friendships that I do have and look forward to new ones that the Lord may place in my path. It'll just be hard to look at wedding pictures down the road.

No comments: