Saturday, June 14, 2008

A new post finally

It's been a while since I've done a real post. I've been trying to catch up with life, laundry, thank you cards and working on this whole married thing. Being married is great. One of the greatest decisions I've ever made. (Besides choosing to go to Judson and moving to Georgia). It is something that I am figuring out has to be worked at on a daily basis. Some days it goes great. Other days...not so much. But thankfully you keep getting better at the whole process...little by little.

I am trying to enjoy my first summer off since I started working in education. I decided not to take classes this summer in order to regain some of my sanity. I am also trying to decide what I really want to be when I grow up and trying to figure out a little bit more about what my passions really are. Family is becoming more and more important to me, though I'm not ready to add to mine quite yet. But it's been fun just spending some time with myself this summer and getting back to the things that I enjoy.

I find myself often wishing that my Judson friends were closer. I know that we would probably kill each other if we saw each other all the time...but somehow Christmas and JDay don't cut it anymore and I find myself in need of the mee-maws more and more often. Other friends are great....really great...but there's nothing like being around the people who get you and love for who they find.

Life is good right now and I pray that each day I can become more and more thankful for the goodness that is in my life and around me and cherish every moment that I have with the people that I love.

3 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

It's so good to hear about things in your corner of the world!

Sheri said...

Christy---
I'm not sure if you even remember me, but I have to second that thought on Judson friends! There's just nothing quite like them! If you haven't invested yet, you should really get one of those phone plans with unlimited nation wide long distance! It's the only way I stay sane! I know it's not the same, but it helps a lot! Congratulations on tying the knot! Sheri

Rita Bird said...

Marriage is going to be the easiest and hardest thing that you will ever do. (I'm not a parent yet, so I don't know about that whole side yet)
Its so funny to see your friends becoming adults only to realize that it must mean you're one too.
I have so many memories of us in that in-between stage, its almost (but not quite) sad to see where we are now. I hate I missed your wedding. I could give you an excuse, but in hindsight it really doesn't matter. Glad to see you happy.