Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm glad we made a pact...

So here it is...the long awaited real post. A lot has happened since my last "real" post, but I'll let most of the pictures do the talking. It was good to have a break from school. Wish I was still on one in fact. The mee-maw Christmas this year was by far, hands down, number one voted, the best Christmas we have had together. After all, we made a pact to have great times every year didn't we? It was good to see everyone, admire the ornaments, lay in the hot tub (though we didn't really prepare well for that one) and eat more chicken than 7 girls should ever attempt to eat. We stayed up later than we've done in the past few mee-maw get togethers, but not so late that it was gross trying to get up and moving the next morning.

Christmas in New Hope was a bag full of emotions. That's expected though, and I'm just glad we got through it and on to a New Year. Mom (Kay) is doing well, and making it through better than we could have ever hoped for or imagined considering all that's she's been through. Way to go Kay!

New Year's was a heck load of fun. I spent it in Georgia with the friends here. Longhorn's, Sparklers, Sparkling drinks (just sparkling though), fun hats, IPOD mishaps, and RainX made for a fun night. We even took pictures with Dick on the big screen TV at Kevin's house.

And then life got back to normal. I've spent some time thinking over the past few days about the blessings in my life. I have so much to be so thankful for. I couldn't begin to imagine life without all the friends and family that I have that surround me and support me. I'm thankful for a home town that's so small that you truly have amazing relationships with a lot of people. No matter how far you may go from it, it's always home and always there. I'm thankful for a college that gave me a great education, but more importanly gave me a group of girls that will go with me, where ever, no matter what. We may not talk every day, every week, or even more than a few times a year...but when something happens...good or bad, we know in our hearts the love that we share for each other will always be there. There are ties that bind us together in all that we do. I'm thankful for pacts and hats and people that strive to keep them. I'm thankful for a place that God has led me to, that teaches me to grow everyday. A place where unconditional love is shown, and no matter how hard you may try, they never grow past loving you. A place where I've been poured into and taught how to pour into others. A place where I've been given freedom and permission to be who I am, while encouragment to be more than I've ever dared to dream of being.

I'm blessed!

No comments: