Wednesday, August 01, 2012

One month!

Someone told me the day she was born to not blink because they grow up so fast. Ok...a lot of people told me that. That statement didn't feel very true the second night in the hospital when she preceeded to scream (the entire night) like we were killing her. We even asked if they had a different model of baby to test drive before we took her home (I really hope she never reads my blog). Thankfully she got over that, we took her home and time has literally flown by. I don't know where this past month has gone and my little girl is growing up for sure.

I try not to blink.

I am trying to savor each and every moment. I am trying to look into her eyes a little longer while I feed her and trying to memorize the look of her tiny hand holding mine. I am even trying to enjoy the moments where she is screaming for no-real-good-reason-at-all and remember that there is coming a time when she won't let me soothe her like she does now. I listen to each coo, grunt, lawn mower sound while she is sleeping and hope that she'll always be that cute.

I'm really trying to not blink.

Here's her one month stats:

She weighed 7lbs 4oz at birth and now she's 8lbs 13oz.
She was 20 inches long at birth and now she's 21 1/2
She's still eating like a champ. 4 oz or so at a time.
She sleeps from 11 - 6/7ish but going down at 11 has become a nightmare of sorts. (She said screw all the books you've been reading on how to get me to sleep and just come hold me!)
Her eyes are still that blue/grayish color for now.
Her hair changes every day. Some days she's blonde, some days it has a redish tint (people love to point that one out), some days it looks brown. Maybe she'll just have natural highlights and not have to buy them like her mom.

I know month 2 will pass by even faster than first because work is about to start back up soon. I know I have been screaming that I am ready but really I am in the corner sucking my thumb and rocking wondering how in the world I am going to make it through those first few days.

Kennedy,

You have turned our month upside down and we wouldn't want it any other way. We are trying to capture all the memories we can. We love you. More than we could have imagined. Please don't grow up so fast.

Love,

Your mom and dad.

No comments: