Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Soul Stirring

I love it when God plants a thought, scripture, phrase, song into my soul and just stirs it. The ones that you know can only be from from the Lord. The ones that stay with you and bring you unbelievable peace and joy. The one that calms you, settles you, makes you smile, or just plain sets you free.

The past few weeks I have been moaning, complaining, worrying, all of those things that I am not suppose to be doing about some of my current situations.

One of my friends simply shared this verse with me and it does all of those things that my soul is desperate for right now.

1But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

My heart is resting in this verse right now.

No comments: