Friday, March 11, 2011

When Peace Like a River

There are times in life that you have to stand up for yourself and make a decision based on what is best for you. For about the last 30 years my decisions have been 99.9% based on someone else. What makes them happy. How I can help them. Well..this time I made a decision to do what is best for myself. I quit my job. A job that I love. A job that I get to do with students and co-workers that I adore. But a job that drives me into the ground. I lave my house at 6 every morning to drive an hour away and usually don't return until 7 or 8 at night. I have the toughest job at the school with the most preps (classes to plan for) out of anyone in the entire building. So, the choice became easy quickly. I will be trying to find a job that is close to my house that will allow me the chance to live my life with those that I love a little easier. When I get off work I will be able to be home in a matter of minutes not hours. I will be able to keep my beloved OBGYN should we get pregnant and ultimately WHEN I do get pregnant I won't be an hour away from my child. I will also be off in time to go to the gym and will hopefully have time in the morning to get my crap together instead of laying around for just another minute of sleep because my body is so exhausted. So here is to hoping and praying for the right job close to my house!!

Until next time...

No comments: